- Reid Ross Classical School
Reid Ross Classical School Dress Guidelines 2022-2023
General Dress Code Guidelines:
● Book bags must be clear or mesh only.
● No hoodies, hats, caps, visors, bandannas, and sunglasses are not to be worn inside the school building. Staff members will confiscate unauthorized items.
● Dresses, shirts, and blouses must cover three inches (3”) across the top of the shoulder.
● Spaghetti straps, strapless tops/halters, and plunging necklines are not allowed and the torso and cleavage must be covered at all times.
● Skirts, skorts, dresses, and ripped (holes) jeans must be no higher than three inches (3”) above the top of the knee or fingertip length, and any slits in dresses and skirts must also adhere to this three-inch rule.
● Shorts must be no higher than three inches (3”) above the top of the knee.
● No sagging pants or any bottoms that expose the buttocks, undergarments, or any other private body part.
● No leggings, yoga, or spandex pants can be worn in the place of pants.
● Clothing and/or jewelry or any items commonly recognized as being related to a group or gang, which provokes violence/intimidation, shall not be worn.
● Clothing will not be allowed which promotes alcoholic beverages, tobacco, or the use of controlled substances, depicts violence, or is of a sexual nature.
● Clothing is not to be sheer or see-through where the torso is revealed. At no time are undergarments to be visible.
● Heavy, large jewelry, belt buckles, and/or accessories (wallet chains) that are threatening, dangerous, distractive, and disruptive or could be utilized as a weapon may not be worn.
● Proper footwear is required at all times which is safe and does not result in a substantial disruption to the academic integrity of the school day. Shoes that have laces must fit, be laced, and tied. (i.e. no clogs, crocs, or sandals)
● Crocs, slides, flip-flops, pajamas, and bedroom shoes/slippers shall not be worn.
● Students may bring a personal water bottle to use during the day.
All Cumberland County Schools will make any necessary religious accommodations for any type of headgear or head coverings otherwise restricted or prohibited under existing individual school dress codes.
Dress Code Violations: Final judgment is left to school administration. Parents of students who are in violation of the dress code will be called to provide appropriate clothes. Students will be held in ISS until appropriate clothes are provided. If you think your clothing might be questionable, then choose to wear something else.