Driver's ED Coming Soon!!
Online Registration: December 6th-10th (Cumberland County School Website)
Your student will have the information emailed to them as well as the flyer being posted in the front office.
Here are the details:
- Selection of students for the program will be based on age (oldest to youngest). Seats are limited to 35 per class.
- Classes will begin Monday, January 10th and will conclude February 7th. Classes will be held virtually Monday through Thursday evenings from 5pm-7pm.
- Students will receive an email by December 13, 2021 if they are selected. Please check your CCS student email.
- Students must submit payment using the link provided in the email from December 13th to confirm their seat. Payment is duebefore Friday, December 17th at 8:00am. Seat will be forfeited without payment.
- A fee of $65 or a or a reduced fee of $32.50 shall be paid online by school cash online. The fee must be paid before class starts. In order to qualify for the reduced fee, you must qualify in the free and reduced meal program for CCS Child Nutrition Services.
- Students are expected to attend all class sessions a minimum of 30 hours. Students must complete and pass all assigned course work in order to pass the classroom phase. There are no excused or unexcused absences in Driver Education. Three tardies and/or leaving class early will count as an absence. Any student who misses more than one class session runs the risk of being dropped from the program.
- Upon completion of the 30 hours classroom requirement, these students will then be scheduled to complete their 6 hours of behind the wheel instruciton after school and/or on Saturday's beginning with the oldest students. No absences are allowed for behind the wheel instruction. Students will be notified by telephone when theyare assigned to do their behind the wheel instruction. Transportation to and from school for this phase must be provided by the parent.
Registration Closes: December 10, 2021
Selection Emails: December 13, 2021
Confirm Seat with Payment Deadline: December 17, 2021
*Only Students with a date of birth before December 31st, 2006 are eligible to enroll