- Manchester Elementary School
Preparations for Plan A & Virtual Meeting with Principal Hill Thursday
CCS Transitions to ‘Plan A’ Following Spring Break
Families asked to complete Learning Options Commitment Form by March 22
In alignment with state law and the StrongSchoolsNC Public Health Toolkit, Cumberland County Schools (CCS) will transition to Plan A beginning Monday, April 12, 2021. The Cumberland County Board of Education approved plans to transition students in grades PreK-12 from Plan B to Plan A during a Special Board meeting Tuesday evening.
Under Plan A, students in grades PreK-12 will be eligible to attend class in person on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday of each week. Wellness Wednesday will be an Independent Remote Learning Day for all students. School-based virtual learning options remain open to students.
Overview of Plan A in CCS:
- Plan A does not require schools to reduce the usual number of students in the classroom.
- Plan A does not require social distancing on school buses.
- CCS will continue daily symptom and temperature screenings/checks for all students and any person who enters a school building.
- Social distancing protocols will be required for anyone who enters school buildings. CCS will continue to limit visitors in school buildings under Plan A.
- All students must wear face coverings in school and on school buses. All staff must wear face coverings in school buildings and offices.
- CCS will continue to provide PPE face coverings for students, teachers and staff.
CCS Learning Options Commitment Form Due March 22
Families are invited to complete the CCS Learning Options Commitment Form, allowing them to confirm their child’s learning option through the rest of this school year. Students who are currently taking part in Plan B (Blended Learning) will automatically be enrolled in Plan A. However, families are able to switch to full-time virtual learning if desired. If the families of students who are currently participating in full-time virtual learning do not complete the form prior to the deadline, they will remain virtual through May 2021. Students enrolled in the virtual academies are not eligible to transfer to another school in the district at this time and will remain at the virtual academies through May 2021. Commitment Forms are due on Monday, March 22 at 5 p.m. Learning selections will remain in place through May 2021.
- To complete the CCS Learning Options Commitment Form in English, visit http://bit.ly/planasurvey.
- To complete the CCS Learning Options Commitment Form in Spanish, visit http://bit.ly/planaespanol.
For more information, visit the CCS School Re-Entry Portal: www.ccs.k12.nc.us/reentry.
Mrs. Hill will host a question and answer Q&A session Thursday evening at 6:45 -7:30 for Manchester families. This Q&A session is optional.
Access code: 120 672 0609