- Howard Hall Elementary School
Kindergarten Showcase Coming to Cumberland County Schools
Cumberland County Schools (CCS) is launching its first-ever Kindergarten Showcase to introduce rising kindergarteners and their families to the elementary school environment. The showcase consists of a virtual Beginners’ Day at each elementary school, followed by in-person orientations, community events and much more. The goal is to provide a variety of opportunities and formats for families to register their children for kindergarten and learn about all of the great things each school has to offer. This exciting showcase kicks off on Friday, April 8, 2022, and ends on Saturday, August 20, 2022.
Kindergarten Showcase 2022 Overview
- Virtual Beginners’ Day Kick-Off: During this virtual event on Friday, April 8, 2022, families will receive an overview of what to expect during the showcase, tools to prepare for registration and school information. To participate, families should contact their child’s assigned school or visit their website. Each school will have a designated link for families to join the virtual event. A recording of the event will also be available later.
- In-Person Beginners' Day Orientation: Elementary schools across the district will host an in-person orientation day on either Thursday, April 28 or Tuesday, May 3, 2022, to welcome rising kindergartners and their families to their schools. During this orientation, families will complete the registration process, meet teachers, participate in classroom and school tours, and learn about school and classroom procedures.
- Community Events: The district will host special events and information sessions throughout the spring and summer months to prepare kindergarteners and their families for a successful entry to Cumberland County Schools. More information will be shared in the coming weeks.
Children must be 5 years old on or before Aug. 31, 2022, to start kindergarten. Online registration will begin on April 8, 2022. The following documentation is required for registration:
- Birth Certificate Official Copy
- Proof of Parent/Custodian Address
- Shot Record
- North Carolina Health Assessment Form
CCS has diverse schools that build positive relationships with students from all walks of life, engage families as partners and are passionate about serving the interests of children and the goals of families. As each school welcomes kindergartners into the classroom, they also welcome the entire family into a system of support with everything each child needs to become capable, confident and successful in life. The educational offerings provided through CCS align each child’s education to their interests and the ways they learn best. At each school in the district, families will find caring and dedicated teachers who are as skilled in knowing each child and bringing out their potential as they are in the subjects they teach.
For additional information on Kindergarten Showcase 2022, visit www.ccs.k12.nc.us/kindergarten.