Voluntary Membership in a group accident insurance program is made available to students each school year. Participation in the plan is voluntary and made available through school publications annually and parents are urged to purchase it for their children.
If you don’t already have accident insurance for your child, Cumberland County Schools has contracted with Markel and AJ Gallagher to offer coverage, which you may purchase at their website anytime during the school year by visiting http://markel.sevencorners.com.
- Voluntary student accident insurance is “primary” insurance, meaning it pays even if you have other medical insurance.
- While you may purchase coverage anytime during the year, the cost will be the same.
- Cumberland County Schools provides limited secondary accident insurance coverage for high and middle school athletes. Primary coverage for your child is still recommended.
- Cumberland County Schools general liability insurance excludes student medical expenses unless it can be shown that the school system or district acted negligently.
- Voluntary Student Accident Insurance is recommended by school board policy.
For questions about Cumberland County Schools, voluntary insurance coverage, call the service broker, Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk at 1.(877).345.8928 To purchase coverage directly online go to http://markel.sevencorners.com.
Cumberland County Board of Education is committed to providing a safe and orderly environment. However, unavoidable injuries can occur. To help offset the cost of these unforeseen circumstances accident insurance coverage is available to students through Markel and AJ Gallagher at the following rates:
School Time Only Coverage
A. Low Plan $15.00
B. Middle Plan $36.00
C. High Plan $66.00
Round the Clock Coverage
A. Low Plan $68.00
B. Middle Plan $144.00
C. High Plan $266.00
Athletic Coverage (Provided by Cumberland County Schools through US Fire and AG Administrators)