Job Opportunities

Hiring sign

Get Connected

  • Child Nutrition Services
    810 Gillespie Street
    Fayetteville, NC 28306
    Phone: 910-678-2502
    Fax: 910-678-2542

    Beth Maynard
    Executive Director

  • Overview

    Child Nutrition Services (CNS) seeks to hire highly motivated individuals with good work ethics to fill positions in the school cafeterias throughout the school year.  CNS utilizes a temporary staffing service to help recruit and select employees for the cafeterias through interim work assignments.  Interim helpers are assigned to work in the cafeterias as needed (for employee absences or position vacancies).  When cafeterias have vacancies, the manager may consider interim helpers for permanent hire.  In addition, individuals with strong backgrounds in food service management or lead cook experience will be considered for direct hire for select positions.
    Individuals must possess a valid North Carolina driver’s license and be able to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License, when requested, to be considered for hire as a permanent cafeteria helper.  Please review the job description for a complete list of qualifications and requirements.
    Compensation for permanent cafeteria helpers starts at $15.00 per hour.

    Employment Process

    Application for Employment with Child Nutrition Services

    Individuals who desire permanent employment must complete an online employment application at TalentEd.

    Failure to provide all required documentation will prevent your application from being processed.  Your completed application will be retained in active status for one year.

    All submitted documents become the property of Cumberland County Schools. Submitting an application with CCS does not guarantee employment.

    Interim Cafeteria Helper (Temporary with potential for permanent hire)

    Individuals must contact the CNS temporary staffing agency to apply to work as an interim cafeteria helper.

    Manpower Logo Manpower
    4011 Sycamore Dairy Road
    Suite 106
    Fayetteville, NC  28303

    Interim helpers must have a valid Employment Application on file in the CNS Office (see instructions below) to be considered for permanent hire in a school cafeteria. Individuals approved for permanent hire will be contacted by the Child Nutrition Services office to schedule an appointment to complete the hiring process. Until such time, interim cafeteria workers remain employees of the temporary staffing agency, at the agency’s discretion. Hiring decisions are based on position availability and job performance as interim workers. Interim cafeteria workers are not guaranteed permanent hire. Final employment is contingent upon approval by the Cumberland County Board of Education.


  • In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.

    Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

    To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at How to File a Program Discrimination Complaint and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email:

    USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.