ACMS 2023-2024 School Dress Code
ACMS Uniform General Guidelines
Shirts: Shirts MUST be a plain white, burgundy, black or gold polo or oxford shirt.
- Approved sweaters or sweatshirts (ACMS logo only or solid white, burgundy, black, or gold) may be worn in class.
- Nothing with a hood may be worn inside the building, they must be secured in the student's locker.
- No t-shirt can be worn as a uniform shirt (ACMS purchased and/or provided t-shirts may only be worn on Dress Down Days).
- Dresses, shirts, and blouses must cover three inches (3”) across the top of the shoulder.
- Spaghetti straps, strapless tops/halters, and plunging necklines are not allowed and the torso and cleavage must be covered at all times.
Slacks: Slacks must be solid khaki (tan) or black to include (Dress Slacks, Joggers, Shorts, Skirts, Capri’s, and Black & Tan Jeans)
- Items NOT permitted are blue jeans/denim, leggings worn as pants, pajama pants, sweat pants, cargo-style pants, any clothing with visible logos, any slacks/jeans with rips, or any other variation to the dress code.
- No leggings, yoga, or spandex pants can be worn in the place of pants.
- No undergarments should be visible at any time.
- Shorts, skirts, skorts, and dresses must be no higher than three inches (3”) above the top of the knee, and any slits in dresses and skirts must also adhere to this three-inch rule.
- No sagging pants or any bottoms that expose the buttocks, undergarments, or any other private body part.
Shoes: Athletic/Tennis, Dress/Formal, Crocs and must have enclosed toe and heel.
- Items NOT Permitted (slides, slip on sandals, flip-flops, bedroom/house shoes/slippers)
- Proper footwear is required at all times which is safe and does not result in a substantial disruption to the academic integrity of the school day. Shoes that have laces must fit, be laced, and tied. (i.e. no clogs, or sandals)
- Crocs can be worn but CANNOT be worn in PE.
- Slides, flip-flops, pajamas, and bedroom shoes/slippers shall not be worn.
Head Coverings: Head coverings (including hats, hoods, sweat bands, and bandanas) are generally prohibited in school buildings.
- However, students may wear head coverings in the school building as an expression of sincerely held religious belief (e.g., hijabs or yarmulkes) or cultural expression (e.g., geles) or to reasonably accommodate medical or disability-related issues (e.g.,protective helmets).
Other Uniform/Dress Code Information:
- All Jackets/coats, book bags, phones, and any electronic devices must be secured in the student’s lockers upon arrival.
- Book bags can be any color, but must be secured in the locker upon arrival and remain until dismissal.
Additional Dress Code Violations: Clothing should not cause a disruption of the educational environment.
- Any symbols, styles or attire frequently associated with gangs, intimidation or violence which is disruptive to the educational environment are prohibited.
- Students may not wear or carry clothing, jewelry, book bags, or other personal articles that depict or display profanity, vulgarity, obscenity, nudity of any degree, violence, alcoholic beverages, tobacco, controlled substances, firearms, or any illegal activity, or which advertise products or services illegal to minors.
- Clothing is not to be sheer or see-through where the torso is revealed.
- Heavy, large jewelry, belt buckles, and/or accessories (wallet chains) that are threatening, dangerous, distractive, and disruptive or could be utilized as a weapon may not be worn.
Final judgment is left to school administration. Parents of students who are in violation of the dress code will be called to provide appropriate clothes. Students will be held in RJC until appropriate clothes are provided.
ACMS Physical Education (P.E.) Uniforms
Shirts: Must be white/burgundy/gold/black or purchased from the school
- T-shirts must not be see-through
- No tank tops or spaghetti straps
- Shirts must cover the stomach/midriff
Bottoms: Must be white/burgundy/gold/black or purchased from the school
- Shorts- must be at or near the knee
- Warm-up/ athletic pants may be worn
- No tights or leggings allowed
Footwear: Athletic shoes must be worn and properly laced. NO Crocs.
Socks: Must be worn at all times.