Student Enrollment

  • All students who have passed the fifth anniversary of their birth on or before August 31 of the year in which they are presented for enrollment are entitled to attend school in the attendance area in which they are domiciled. All students under the age of 21 years who are domiciled in a school administrative unit who have not been removed from school for cause, or have not obtained a high school diploma are entitled to attend school in the attendance area in which they are domiciled. 


    Enrollment Steps:

    • Step 1: Find your base school using the  "Find My School" tool on the Cumberland County Schools website:

    • Step 2: Enroll online

      • (Families who are unable to complete the online process should contact their base school’s data manager. A school representative will contact you by telephone to assist with completing the enrollment process).

    • Step 3: Finalize enrollment with attendance at district school.

    Once you’ve completed the form online, please wait for information from your child's district attendance school regarding the completion of the enrollment process. It may take 24-72 business hours to finalize this process. To expedite your student’s enrollment, upload the documents listed below. These documents are REQUIRED for your child to be enrolled in school. 

    Proof of Residency Info

    • Current Utility Bill (electric/gas/water) – no more than 30 days old or Mortgage/Lease Agreement – no more than 60 days old
    • If renting from a Rental Agent, the lease must be on letterhead
    • If renting from an individual, the lease must be notarized with the contact information of the person renting the property
    • If living with an individual, the individual with whom you are residing must provide the proof of residency listed above and complete the CCS Residency Affidavit
    • Additionally, the parent/court-appointed custodian must provide proof of residency in their name at the address provided.

    1st - 5th grade - CCS school staff have the right to ask for a second form of “proof of residency”

    • Proof of Vacating Previous Address (If moving within Cumberland County or a bordering NC county)
    • Proof of sale OR utility disconnect OR written verification from the property manager

    Parents/Guardians enrolling 6th - 12th-grade students MUST PROVIDE TWO proofs of residency 


    • Certified birth certificate
    • Current Utility Bill
    • Record of immunizations
    • Parent/Guardian Photo ID
    • Proof of Income



    • Certified birth certificate
    • Parent/guardian photo identification
    • Record of Immunizations (must be submitted no later than 30 days after the first day of attendance)
    • NC Health Assessment (Required for students who have never attended a NC public school. This document must be submitted no later than 30 days after the first day of attendance)
    • Custody paperwork (if applicable)
    • Current proof of residency in the attendance area of enrolling school


    Elementary Student at Desk1st – 12th grades:

    • Certified birth certificate
    • Record of immunizations
    • Last report card, withdrawal documentation or transcript
    • Current proof of residency in attendance area of enrolling school