How to Soar
General Guidelines On How To SOAR!
In the Classroom:
- Safe: Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
- Organized: Come on time, prepared, and ready to work.
- Achieve: Work well with other students. Actively participate in class.
- Respectful: Watch your tone. Do not raise your voice.
In the Cafeteria:
- Safe: Walk! Form single-file lines.
- Organized: Throw away all trash. Do not throw food.
- Achieve: Get food quickly. Get back to class on time.
- Respectful: Listen for directions. Use table manners.
In the Media Center:
- Safe: Check out books with the Librarian. Be considerate of the property of others.
- Organized: Leave the library clean. Return items to their original places.
- Achieve: Stay quiet and on task.
- Respectful: Follow the Media Center rules.
In the Restroom:
- Safe: Use a bathroom pass. Return to class quickly.
- Organized: Clean up trash and water spills. Use quiet voices.
- Achieve: Use restrooms during class changes or lunch.
- Respectful: Dispose of trash in the trash can.
In the Hallway:
- Safe: Walk to class quickly. Wear clothing that follows the dress code.
- Organized: Walk on the right side of the hallway. Stay on the designated hall.
- Achieve: Always “walk and talk” to be on time.
- Respectful: Keep your hands to yourself. Use appropriate language.
In the Parking Lot:
- Safe: Follow speed limit. Wear your seat belt.
- Organized: Park in designated areas. Keep all areas clean.
- Achieve: Always have your parking decal displayed on the windshield.
- Respectful: Respect others’ property.
On the Bus:
- Safe: Stay seated at all times. Follow all procedures for a safe ride.
- Organized: Keep your bus clean. Board the bus in an orderly manner.
- Achieve: Arrive 10 minutes before pick-up. Set a positive image.
- Respectful: Respect the rules, drivers, and passengers. Use appropriate language.
- Teachers issue tickets to students when they observe them in good behavior.
- Students are to turn in their SOAR ticket(s) to the PBIS box in the Front Office during their lunch.
- Every Friday, tickets are pulled out of the box and the PBIS winners of the week are announced.
- The winners go to the Office Manager’s office during their lunch to pick-up their prize.