SFCMS Student Dress Code for 2020-2021
Dress Code for Students:
While students are encouraged to abide by the uniform dress code as described in the SFCMS student handbook, the uniform is optional for the 2020-21 school year. In its place, the following rules apply for student dress at school:
- No dresses, skirts, or shorts shorter than 2 inches above the knee.
- No sagging pants allowed.
- Leggings, yoga pants, or any other skin-tight clothing will be considered undergarments and must be worn with appropriate dress attire which comes to no more than 2 inches above the knee.
- No undergarments should be visible at any time.
- Tank tops must have straps that are at least 2 inches wide at every point.
- No belly shirts or muscle shirts permitted.
- No clothing that shows cleavage.
- No sheer or see-through fabric in tops or bottoms unless it has solid fabric underneath it; this includes but is not limited to, crochet, lace, sheer or knitted fabrics.
- Hats, toboggans, bandannas, hoods, do-rags, or other head coverings are not permitted to be worn (Exception - religious headwear).
- No bedroom attire or bedroom shoes.
- No inappropriate signs, emblems, or language on clothing or face coverings.
- No wallet chains or chains on clothing.
- No sunglasses will be worn, including wearing them around the neck, on the head, face, or on an item of clothing.
- No spikes on shoes, clothing, or accessories.
- Shoes must be worn at all times and cover both the toe and heel.
- No distracting hair colors or styles are allowed (excessive and bright colors are distracting).
- Coats and jackets can be worn in the building to and from school and class but they must be removed once in the class.
- Accessories that are considered by the administration to be distracting or disruptive are prohibited (for example overly large earrings).
- Since lockers will not be utilized, students may carry a backpack during the school day.
- Students will not need to dress out for PE. However, they are expected to wear athletic shoes on PE days.
If a student is in violation of the dress code, parents will be contacted. Continued violations of the dress code will result in a disciplinary referral.