SFCMS Student Dress Code for 2022-2023
CCS Waives School Uniform Requirements for 2022-2023 School Year
Cumberland County Schools (CCS) will pause the enforcement of all CCS school uniform dress codes, districtwide, for the 2022-2023 school year. This pause is necessitated by supply chain and uniform availability issues that we have verified with major area retailers. Some stores said that it would likely be late September or October before they received sufficient inventory. Parents of children who attend uniform schools may continue to send their children to school in uniforms if they desire to do so and are able to locate them, but there will be no penalty imposed upon a student for a uniform violation during the 2022-2023 school year. However, the district’s student dress code requirements will remain in place for students attending all CCS schools, meaning that all students will be expected to wear school-appropriate attire, even if they opt not to wear school uniforms.
Dress Code for SFCMS Students 2022-2023:
Students are expected to groom themselves in such a way as to reflect neatness, cleanliness, and good taste. All students shall be modestly groomed so as not to distract the attention of others or to cause disruption or interference with the educational program or the orderly operation of the school. Extremes in dress will not be permitted. The principal or other duly authorized school official shall determine whether any particular mode of dress or grooming results in violation of the spirit and intent of this rule.
- Appropriate shoes must be worn. We expect all of our students to wear shoes that have a back on them. Flip flops, sandals, Crocs, or shoes that do not have a back or slide off of the foot are not permissible.
- No short-shorts or mini-skirts are to be worn. Shorts or dresses should be approximately to the tip of your fingers with your arms resting by your side.
- Pants that fall just below the knee to mid-calf or ankle are considered appropriate dress.
- No hats, curlers, bandanas, sweatbands, sunglasses, gloves or feathers or any other articles that may cause a distraction from learning are to be worn during school hours. This applies to all students.
- No bare midriffs, tank tops or spaghetti straps, fishnet shirts, or see-through clothing is to be worn.
- All t-shirts must be in good taste. No suggestive or offensive wording/illustrations or advertisements for alcoholic beverages will be allowed. Pants at any length between the knee and ankle are acceptable. Leggings worn as pants are not permissible.
- Fridays are spirit days!
- Students are expected to honor the dress code so that valuable school time is not spent examining attire to determine appropriateness. Students will be notified of any exceptions to the dress code (Field Day, Spirit Days, etc.) and any other changes or additional requests. Teachers will be accountable for the dress code standard being followed by the students and will report any infractions to the administrator.