Global Studies Education Information
The School of Global Studies at Terry Sanford High School is a choice program designed for success in college and in the 21st century with a curriculum that is interdisciplinary, interconnected, and focused on global relationships – allowing all students to gain a heightened awareness of current issues facing our international community while developing a global perspective and foundation of knowledge in which to better understand our world today and have a positive effect tomorrow.
Deborah Vajner, Director: email@example.com
The School of Global Studies consists of three major components: Academic Excellence, Global Awareness, and Cultural Activities.
Academic, Behavioral and Attendance Excellence
- Students will maintain an overall B average, with no grade lower than a C.
- Students will be enrolled in Honors or AP level courses where available.
- Students will conduct themselves with a high standard of behavior.
- Students will attend school with a minimum number of absences.
Global Awareness / Community Volunteerism
- Students will learn about our world through participation in cultural and academic activities, and through involvement in our Global Symposiums at FTS.
- Students will show responsibility to their community by participating in worthwhile volunteer activities.
Social and Cultural Activities
- Students will incorporate proper social skills into their conduct in order to be prepared for the competitive world of college admissions and for the professional life that follows.
- Students will take part in opportunities that broaden their experiences with music, art, and theatre.
Participation in the School of Global Studies requires students to complete 20-50 hours of volunteer service yearly through the organized volunteer program at Terry Sanford High School.
In Humanities, seniors are required to complete a Senior Project in which the student explores and researches an important global issue. They will produce a tangible product, write a research paper, and present their findings.
Follow on Twitter @FTS_Globalstudy for news and updates. Download remind app – codes for each grade level located on Global Bulletin board by the Cafeteria. This year we are adopting the Falcon Children Home and the VA Hospital. Be Willing and able to help us personally or behind the scenes. Listen for announcement via school and twitter/remind.