Battle of the Books
Cumberland County Schools sponsors a program for a team of students from each elementary school
to compete for the distinction of being the county champions.
Battle of the Books is a voluntary, competitive reading program for students in both 4th and 5th grades.
The purpose is to encourage students to read good books and have fun while competing with peers.
Mrs. Autry invites interested 3rd graders to be a part of the practice team. The team will consist of 8-10 students.
The book list has been divided into 3 sets.
Students must read all the books in their selected set as well as know the titles and authors of all 15 books.
Battle Of the Books team meets weekly after school.
Contact Mrs. Autry for more information.
- A Nest for Celeste by Henry Cole
- Crenshaw by Katherine Applegate
- Fish in a Tree by Lynda Mullaly Hunt
- Front Desk by Kelly Yang
- The Great Treehouse Ware by Lisa Graff
- Greetings from Nowhere by Barbara O’Connor
- The Key to Extraordinary by Natalie Lloyd
- The Last Musketeer by Stuart Gibbs
- The League of Seven by Alan Gratz
- The Mostly True Adventures of Homer P. Figg by Rodman Philbrick
- Smack Dab in the Middle of Maybe by Jo Watson Hackl
- Smells Like Dog by Suzanne Selfors
- Tuesdays at the Castle by Jessica Day George
- Ungifted by Gordon Korman
- Woods Runner by Gary Paulsen