Parent Teacher Student Association
"Making Every Child’s Potential A Reality"
The PTA was established in 1897, over 100 years ago. The PTA represents a force in the nation that speaks for all children- a unified voice on major issues, a unified push for improved legislation, an opportunity to act as a forum for ideas, and a chance to meet with others and discuss mutual concerns.
By: NC PTA Handbook for Local Unit 1 and Council Presidents/2005-06
NCPTA is North Carolina’s oldest and largest volunteer organization, advocating for the education, health, safety, and success of all children and young adults while building strong families and communities.
Seventy-First High School 2023-2024 PTSA Officers:
Membership Dues are: $10.00 for Adults$8.00 for Students
- President: Ms. La'Keisha Carter
- Vice President: Mr. Eugene Pinckney
- Treasurer: Ms. Sonya Harriott
- Secretary: Ms Domonique Carroll
The (Parent-Teacher-Student Association) PTSA demonstrates its commitment to Seventy-First High School through volunteer hours and financial support. It is a 501 © (3) tax-exempt public charity and, as such, we abide by the expectations of the Internal Revenue Code.
We have three (3) general PTSA meetings each school year and monthly Board of Directors meetings. All parents, teachers (staff) and students are encouraged to join and participate in this organization. Annual dues are $7.00 for adults and $5.00 for students.
The purpose of PTSA as outlined in our bylaws are:
To promote the welfare of children and young adults in home, school, and the community.
To bring into closer relationship the home and school, parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and young adults.
To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
Ten reasons you should consider joining PTSA.
- It's good for your child(ren).
- It's important to the school.
- You'll get connected.
- You'll discover great resources.
- You'll tap into a network.
- You'll watch yourself grow.
- You can speak up.
- You'll witness improvement.
- You'll be a role model.
- You'll help raise the necessary funds.
Membership NeededWe are in need of committee members (Advocacy, Nominating, Audit, Reflections, S.I.T., Hospitality, Fundraising, Membership, and more...) please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.71st PTSA Board of Directors will be held on 2nd Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m. via Zoom.The 3 General Board meetings are tentatively scheduled for:September 14, 2021 Meet and Greet (virtual)January 11, 2022-Back to School (virtual)March 8, 2022-Elections (place TBD. virtual)Awards and Recognition2021-Distinquished Local Unit (a yard sign will be placed at the school)2020-2022-National School of Excellence Award (more information to come)
2020-2021 Blue Key Award Recipients: CCS' PTA:
Congratulations to the folowing schools’ PTAs who started the year off strong. They built their team of parents and teachers early in the year,now they are on track meeting the goals to help the children achieve their potential!
- Albritton Middle School PTA
- Beaver Dam Elem. School PTA
- Cross Creek Early College High PTSA
- Cumberland International Early College High PTSA
- Cumberland Road Elem. School PTA
- E. Melvin Honeycutt Elementary PTA
- E. M. Cashwell Elem. School PTA
- Glendale Acres C&FL Academy PTA
- Gray’s Creek Middle School PTA
- Howard Hall Elem. School PTA
- J.W. Seabrook Elem. School PTA
- Rockfish Elementary School PTA
- Seventy First High School PTA
- Stoney Point Elementary School PTA
- VanStory Hills Elem. School PTA