In order to be enrolled in a public kindergarten program in the state of North Carolina, a child must be five years old ON or BEFORE August 31 of the year in which he/she is presented for enrollment.
All students must attend the school in the attendance area in which they live. Exceptions include special assignment as approved by the Cumberland County Assignment Office.
- 5 doses of Diphtheria, Tetanus and Pertussis
- 4 doses of Polio vaccine
- 2 doses of MMR-Live vacine
- 3 doses of Hepatitis B
- 1 dose of Varicella
- 1 – 4 doses of Haemophilus Influenzae (HIB)
Documents Required For Enrollment
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Proof of residency in the name of the parent/court appointed custodian in the attendance area of enrolling school
- Current Utility Bill (electric/gas) – no more than 30 days old
- Mortgage/Lease Agreement – no more than 60 days old.
- If renting from a Rental Agent, lease must be on letterhead
- If renting from an individual, lease must be notarized with contact information of person renting property
If living with an individual, the individual with whom you are residing must provide the proof of residency listed above and complete the CCS Residency Affidavit. Additionally, parent/court appointed custodian must provide proof of residency in their name at the address provided.
- Proof of Vacating Previous Address (proof of sale, utility disconnect, written verification from property manager)
- Photo ID of Parent/Court Appointed Custodian
- Immunization Record Health Assessment* (Kindergarten and Transfer Students New to North Carolina Only) School Records (transcript, most recent report card, and IEP or other exceptional children’s paperwork or 504 if applicable)
- Custody Documentation (if applicable)
- Notarized “Oath of Affirmation Upon Admission”*
*Provided by school at time of enrollment