Check-In, Check-Out, and Visitation Procedures
Because restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our current policies are markedly different. Please contact the school if you have any questions regarding late Check In or early Check Out. No visitation will be allowed under Plan A or B.
We value your involvement and participation in our school, but please understand the procedures and policies are in place to protect all students, staff, and you, our visitor. We ask for your cooperation and understanding as we enforce and insist on your adherence to the following procedures:
- Students should not arrive on the school campus prior to 8:00 a.m. Students will not be permitted to enter the school building prior to this time because personnel are not on duty for supervision until 8:00 a.m.
- Students who report to school after 8:30 a.m. must be checked-in through the office by the individual bringing them to school.
- Students leaving school during the day must be checked-out through the office by the person picking them up. Students must be picked up by a parent, guardian, or approved contact person listed on the student’s Verification of Address form. For the safety of all children, please be prepared to show a photo ID when checking out a student. No Check-Outs will be permitted between 2:00 p.m. and 3:10 p.m.
- All visitors/volunteers must present proper photo identification and sign in at the reception desk upon entering the building and display a current visitor’s badge while in the building.
- Parents who walk their children to class must leave the building when the bell rings at 8:25 a.m.
- Parents are not allowed to walk tardy students to class. Breakfast will not be served to students after 8:25 a.m.
- Parents wishing to visit and observe in classrooms must have prior approval of the teacher and/or principal. If you wish to speak with your child’s teacher, we ask that you schedule an appointment during their planning time or after school.
- Lunch visitors must be listed on the student’s check-in /check-out card in the front office as a parent/guardian or an authorized person to check out the student and must present photo identification.
- Lunch visitors must wait in the office, after signing in, until their child comes up to eat lunch in the alcove area. After the lunch period has ended, we ask that you promptly sign out in the office.