Parents and Community
Class of 2023 Senior Information
- Parents and Class of 2023 Seniors
- This is both an amazing and busy year for you! Please stay tuned for updated important Senior Information and dates for this upcoming school year. Once a tiger, always a tiger!
- You can locate the 2023 graduation schedules for all high schools here.
Scholarship and College Information for School Year 2022-2023
- Ms. Chandler is our College Advisor and has the responsibility to help the parents of this year's Graduating Class of 2023 learn about the several types of scholarships that are available for Seniors.
- Seniors need to start applying for these numerous scholarship opportunities as soon as they return to school for the school year.
- Our link to receive all of this great information on our Scholarship and College Information Database will be available soon.
- If you need additional information, please email Ms. Chandler.
Student Accident Insurance
- Follow this link to learn more about the Student Accident Insurance for our students for the upcoming School Year 2022-2023.
Youth Emergency Preparedness Curriculum-Ready Kids
Emergency preparedness curriculum for grades 1-12 that teach kids what to do before, during, and after an emergency while fostering critical 21st-century skills such as problem-solving, teamwork, creativity, leadership, and communication.
Earthquake Safety Activities Booklet
Since earthquake shaking is possible almost everywhere in the United States, earthquake safety should be practiced by everyone. There is a great deal that you and your family can do to take care of yourselves during and after an earthquake.
- Earthquake Safety Activities Booklet provided by The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
Free and Reduced Lunch Information:
There are 2 options available for filling out a 2022 -2023 Free and Reduced-Priced Meal Application.
Applications can now be filled out online. To fill out the form visit www.LunchApplication.com and click on the “Apply Now” button on the left-hand side of the page.
Fill out a paper application. The completed form must be returned to your child’s school cafeteria or mailed to Cumberland County Schools, Child Nutrition Services, 810 Gillespie St., Fayetteville, NC 28306.
School Mentor and Volunteer Programs:
You Can Be a Volunteer:
- Complete the CCS Mentor/Volunteer Registration (criminal background check)
- Complete Community Volunteer Training. This training can be completed at the school site on a CCS' computer Internet access.
- Contact the school principal or his/her designee to inquire about volunteer, opportunities at the school. Visit the links below to see volunteer and mentor opportunities in our schools.
- Get Started! Work with the school staff to determine a date and time when you can get involved.
- For more information, check out the Frequently Asked Questions.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Cumberland County Schools (CCS) volunteer. Volunteers are a very important resource for our schools. Potential volunteer opportunities include but are not limited to teacher assistant, lunch monitor, reading to a class, guest speakers, school-based mentoring, and tutoring.
Weekly Menus School Menus:
- Monthly school lunch menus
- Current prices for school lunches
- If you have any questions about our school lunches please contact our Ms. West, Cafeteria Manager by calling 910-424-1990.
Academically and Intellectually Gifted Programs:
AIG Local Plan Cumberland County Schools is dedicated to providing gifted students the opportunity to become independent learners and decision makers who recognize their potential and responsibilities in a changing global society. The school system is committed to providing a rigorous and innovative instructional program that fosters the highest level of excellence and recognizes the right of each student to receive intellectual challenge appropriate for his/her capabilities.
- You can locate more information about our AIG Programs by opening link.
Home Base for CCS
What is Home Base?
- Home Base is a statewide student information system that replaced NC WISE.
- Home Base gives parents and students access to real-time information including attendance, grades, and assignments. Home Base offers tools for parents, students, teachers, and administrators.
- Families with multiple students can set up their accounts to view all of their students at one time, with one login (Single Sign-On).
What is the Home Base Parent/Student Portal?
- This portal allows parents and students access to attendance, grades, and assignments. More information regarding students’ access will be provided soon.
- The Cumberland County Schools will begin providing access to parents based on individual school implementation plans. Our district goal is to provide access to all CCS parents.
- Your child’s school will provide information about the Home Base Parent/Student Portal access codes.
- Parents can view their children’s attendance and grades, and administrators can monitor data about students and teachers in their schools.
- Parents can check their student's progress by opening this webpage to the parent portal.
- Parents if you are having any problems logging please contact our Guidance Department by calling 910-425-8181.
Security and privacy:
- In order to maintain full compliance with the U.S. Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), all Home Base users are required to access Home Base using their own account. Access codes will only be given to parents/guardians of CCS students. Student data is not accessible by anyone who does not have the authority to do so.
Progress Reports and Report Cards Schedule:
- Parent (s) and Guardian(s) should expect to see some form of progress every two weeks regarding your student academics process.
- Progress Reports are passed out to students during Homeroom about every two and half weeks.
- These reports are printed on white paper.
- Report Cards Reports are passed out to students during Homeroom about every four and half weeks.
- These reports are printed on green paper with the Cumberland School System Logo.
- You can review the webpage here to see the dates for when each of these reports is given out.
- Please note these dates will be modified due to weather conditions that affect the school schedule.
- The Final Report Card for the school year is mailed to the home address that is on file with the school.
Learning Management System (LMS)
What is an LMS?
- A learning management system (LMS) is a software application for the administration, documentation, tracking, reporting, and delivery of electronic educational technology (also called e-learning) courses or training programs.
- Learning management systems range from systems for managing training and educational records to software for distributing online or blended/hybrid college courses over the Internet with features for online collaboration, school districts, and schools use LMSs to deliver online courses and augment on-campus courses.
- LMSs also act to augment the lessons the teacher is giving in a brick and mortar environment, not just replace them.
LMS within CCS and at South View:
At the present, we are using at least three LMS here at our school. These three LMS are:
- Edmodo - Cumberland County Wide Edmodo Log In Website
- Google Classroom Website Overview
- Canvas Website Overview
- LMS provides teachers and students a secure place to connect and collaborate, share content and educational applications, and access homework, grades, class discussions, and notifications.
- Our goal is to help educators harness the power of social media to customize the classroom for each and every learner.
Parents will learn about which LMS our teachers are using by reading the course syllabus that is sent home with your student.
Each LMS has the capabilities to enable parents to see what each teacher is teaching and what each student is learning inside these LMS(s).
Tiger Scholarship Newsletters
If you would like to receive your Tiger Scholarship Newsletters by email, you will need to add your name to the mailing distribution list. To place your name on this distribution list email Ms. Chandler in the Tiger Guidance Office.
- Parents and Class of 2023 Seniors
You can post and read tweets about by South View Tigers by opening this main SVHS Twitter Feed
South View High School Other Twitter Feeds:
- @LOV_SVHS(Ladies of the View)