SVMS Bobcats Athletics
Athletic Director: David Simmons firstname.lastname@example.org
As we prepare for the start of team competition again it is important that students and parents read the following eligibility requirements carefully.
Some of the Requirements for participation in athletics are as follows:
(1) You must be a student at South View Middle School
(2) You must have been in attendance 85% of the previous semester - absent no more than 13 days - at an approved school. (this includes excused and unexcused)
(3) You cannot fail more than 1 core class (Math, ELA, Science, Social Studies) and 1 elective or 2 elective classes.
(4) You must get a current physical each year, to remain on file at SVMS.
(5) Cannot become 15 years of age before August 31st of the current school year.
(6) GPA must have a weighted 2.0 or 77 average for the previous semester (2.0 or 70 average beginning Spring 2016)
6th graders may participate with the exception of football. Upon initial promotion, all 6th graders are automatically eligible. 6th graders must meet all requirements in the 2nd semester.
(7) For more details, read the Middle School Athletics Handbook
(8) Students must have a sports physical completed on the Athletic Association Physical form which can be found on the CCS website or by clicking the previous link.
(9) Online Registration (through Final Forms) is Mandatory!
Contact Athletic Director, David Simmons, at the above email address or at 424-3131 with any questions and/or concerns.