Updated on January 20, 2021- Middle school sports are suspended until further notice due to the pandemic and schools not being open to students yet.
Middle School sports are scheduled to return in 2021. The schedule and practice times will be dependent on COVID 19 metrics and CDC and NC recommendations, allowing athletes to compete in the safest environment. As we prepare for the start of team competition again, it is important that students and parents read the following eligibility requirements carefully.
- A student must be in attendance 85% for the previous semester. (Cannot miss more than 13 days out of the 90-day semester)
- This includes all absences (Excused and Unexcused)
- Students may not fail more than 1 core class (Math, English, Science, Social Studies) or more than one Core class and one Elective Class.
- CCS Rule: Students must have a 70% cumulative average for Semester One (August 2020-December 2020).
- A student is ineligible to participate at the middle school level if he/she becomes 15 years of age on or before August 31.
Sports Physical Requirements:
- Students must have a sports physical completed on the North Carolina High School Athletic Association Sports Preparticipation Form, which can be found on the CCS website or by clicking the link.
- If a student has a sports physical that was completed on or after March 1, 2019, the physical will be acceptable for play until June 6, 2021.
- Any physicals dated before March 1, 2019, will require a new physical to be completed in order to participate in the upcoming season(s).
FINAL FORMS is New to CCS!
Final Forms is the new student-athlete registration system that is being utilized by Cumberland County Schools. It is an online enrollment platform that will streamline your child’s information and registration details all in one centralized system. All student-athletes will need to set up a new account for the 2020-2021 school year. Contact Mr. Skarie if you need any assistance accessing your account or have additional questions. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Athletic Director: Steven Skarie email Email Steven Skarie School Office 483-8222 School Fax 323-4583
Football: Coach Jason Ross Email Coach Jason Ross
Boys’ Soccer: Coach Maria Fallon-Hale Email Coach Maria Fallon-Hale
Girls’ Track: Coach Ashlyn Mason Email Coach Ashlyn Mason
Volleyball: Coach Trena Cherry Email Coach Trena Cherry