Tryouts will take place beginning August 30th. Only Students in sixth, seventh, and eighth grade may participate in middle school athletics. Sixth-grade students may not participate in football.
- A student must be in attendance 85% for the previous semester. This has been waived for the fall (2021) semester. (Cannot miss more than 13 days out of the 90-day semester)
- This includes all absences (Excused and Unexcused)
- Students may not fail more than 1 core class (Math, English, Science, Social Studies) during the previous semester.
- Students must pass four classes during the previous semester.
- CCS Rule: Students must have a 70% cumulative average for the previous semester. This has been waived for the fall (2021) semester.
- A student is ineligible to participate at the middle school level if he/she becomes 15 years of age on or before August 31.
- Sixth-grade students are automatically eligible in the fall based on their promotion from fifth grade. In the spring, they must meet all eligibility requirements.
Sports Physical Requirements:
- Students must have a sports physical completed on the North Carolina High School Athletic Association Sports Preparticipation Form, which can be found on the CCS website or by clicking the link.
FINAL FORMS is New to CCS!
Final Forms is the new student-athlete registration system that is being utilized by Cumberland County Schools. It is an online enrollment platform that will streamline your child’s information and registration details all in one centralized system. Contact Mr. Skarie if you need any assistance accessing your account or have additional questions. (email@example.com)
Athletic Director: Steven Skarie email Email Steven Skarie School Office 483-8222 School Fax 323-4583
Football: Coach Jason Ross Email Coach Jason Ross
Boys’ Soccer: Coach Mario Matarese Email Coach Mario Matarese
Girls’ Track: Coach Shalisa Irby Email Coach Shalisa Irby
Volleyball: Coach Trena Cherry Email Coach Trena Cherry
Boys’ Basketball: Coach Matthew Faircloth Email Coach Matthew Faircloth
Girls’ Basketball: Coach Trena Cherry Email Coach Trena Cherry
Wrestling: Coach Mario Matarese Email Coach Mario Matarese
Baseball: Coach Mike Bieniek Email Coach Mike Bieniek
Softball: Coach Kayla Molivas Email Coach Kayla Molivas
Boys’ Track: Coach Shalisa Irby Email Coach Shalisa Irby
Girls’ Soccer: Maria Fallon-Hale Email Coach Maria Fallon-Hale