CCS Internal Student Transfer

Contact Us

  • Student Assignment Department
    2465 Gillespie Street
    Fayetteville, NC 28306
    Phone: 910-678-2616

    Dr. Melody Chalmers McClain
    Associate Superintendent, Student Support Services

    Saundra McNeill
    Student Assignment Manager

  • Cumberland County School Enrollment Procedures

    • All students who have passed the fifth anniversary of their birth on or before August 31 of the year in which they are presented for enrollment are entitled to attend school in the attendance area in which they are domiciled. All students under the age of 21 years who are domiciled in a school administrative unit who have not been removed from school for cause, or have not obtained a high school diploma are entitled to attend school in the attendance area in which they are domiciled.



    Cumberland County Internal Student Transfer Process

    Enrollment Steps:


    Step 1: Find your base school using the  "Find My School" tool on the Cumberland County Schools website:


    Step 2: Enroll online (Families who are unable to complete the online process should contact their base school’s data manager. A school representative will contact you by telephone to assist with completing the enrollment process).


    Step 3: Finalize enrollment with attendance district school


    Once you’ve completed the form online, please wait for information from your child's district attendance school regarding the completion of the enrollment process. It may take 24-72 hours to finalize this process.  To expedite your student’s enrollment, upload the documents listed below. These documents are REQUIRED in order for your child to be enrolled in school.


    *Current proof of residency in attendance area of enrolling school

         -Current Utility Bill (electric/gas/water) – no more than 30 days ol


        -Mortgage/Lease Agreement – no more than 60 days old

              If renting from a Rental Agent, lease must be on letterhead

              If renting from an individual, lease must be notarized with contact information of person renting property.

              If living with an individual, the individual with whom you are residing must provide the proof of residency listed above and complete the CCS Residency Affidavit.

    Additionally, parent/court-appointed custodian must provide proof of residency in their name at the address provided.


    *Proof of Vacating Previous Address  (If moving within Cumberland County or a bordering NC county)

            -Proof of sale

          -Utility disconnect

          -Written verification from property manager

    *Parent/guardian photo identification

    *Birth Certificate