Committed CommUNITY Chats
Cumberland County Schools (CCS) is excited to announce the upcoming Committed CommUNITY Chats with Dr. Connelly, presented by Cumberland Family Academy, the district’s family engagement outreach arm. These chats will provide a valuable platform for dialogue and collaboration between the superintendent and stakeholders across all 10 attendance areas in CCS.
The Committed CommUNITY Chats are inspired by the successful CLC3 Tour hosted by Dr. Connelly upon his arrival in 2018. After serving as superintendent for five years, his goal is to share an update on the progress the school system has made since implementing the Cumberland Commitment: Strategic Plan 2024 and discuss the opportunities and challenges that lie ahead.
"As we look ahead to the Committed CommUNITY Chats, I'm excited about the opportunity to connect with our dedicated staff, engaged students, supportive families and the wider community,” said Dr. Connelly. “These chats are more than just meetings; they are a chance for us to come together, share insights, and shape the future of our school system. Expect open and honest conversations about our progress and a commitment to continuous improvement. Your voices matter, and I'm eager to hear your thoughts as we continue to work together to provide an excellent education for all of our students.
Exciting Announcement! Dr. Marvin Connelly Jr., the Superintendent of Cumberland County Schools, is going on tour! He'll be visiting all 10 school attendance areas to connect with YOU, our incredible CCS community!
Inspired by the successful CLC3 Tour back in 2018, Dr. Connelly is dedicated to fostering open dialogue and collaboration. After five years of devoted service as superintendent, he's eager to provide an update on the progress made since implementing the Cumberland Commitment: Strategic Plan 2024.
This is your chance to share your feedback! Let's work together to ensure our schools continue to thrive!
Schedule - Committed CommUNITY Chats with Dr. Connelly:
- Monday, September 18, 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. - E.E. Smith High School - 1800 Seabrook Rd, Fayetteville, NC 28301
- Monday, September 25, 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. - Pine Forest High School - 525 Andrews Rd, Fayetteville, NC 28311
- Monday, October 9, 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. - Lewis Chapel Middle School - 2150 Skibo Rd, Fayetteville, NC 28314
- Monday, October 16, 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. - Jack Britt High School - 7403 - Rockfish Rd, Fayetteville, NC 28306
- Monday, October 30, 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. - W.H. Owen Elementary School - 4533 Raeford Rd, Fayetteville, NC 28304
- Monday, November 6, 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. - Gray's Creek High School - 5301 Celebration Dr, Hope Mills, NC 28348
- Monday, November 20, 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. - Benjamin Martin Elementary - 430 N Reilly Rd, Fayetteville, NC 28303
- Monday, November 27, 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. - Terry Sanford High School - 2301 Fort Bragg Rd, Fayetteville, NC 28303
- Monday, December 4, 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. - Cape Fear High School - 4762 Clinton Rd, Fayetteville, NC 28312
- Monday, December 11, 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. - South View Middle School - 4100 Elk Rd, Hope Mills, NC 28348