“Let us be fearless in pursuing our dreams, open-minded in embracing new possibilities, resilient in the face of adversity, wise in our decisions, adaptable to change, responsible in our actions, and determined to make a difference.” ~ Nick Shook, Valedictorian
Meet Cape Fear's Standout Senior: https://bit.ly/SOS2023DalyeriMatos-Zapata
Graduation Photo Gallery: CFHS Media Photo Folder
Graduate Quick Facts:
- CFHS students have received approximately $682,691.00 in scholarships at this time.
- Nicholas Shook is the recipient of the North Carolina State Employees’ Credit Union Foundation “People Helping People” Scholarship for $10,000
- Landon Todd Knox and Katy Brooke Lavasser were both awarded the Robert. H. Short Scholarship
- Savannah Cottingham was awarded the Career Pathways and Youth Growth Stock Trust Scholarship.
- Hunter Darden was awarded the FTCC Foundation Scholarship.
- Miranda Lee received the Brian Edkins Scholarship.
- Tyler Jacob Butley was awarded the Frank R. Lopes Sr. Memorial Scholarship
- Annika Ackermann will be attending UNC-Pembroke on a full ride!
- Jamie Partida is the first person in his immediate family to graduate from high school and he is graduating from the Solar Tech class offered through a partnership between Douglas Byrd High School and Blue Ridge Power. As the top student in the program, he will sign on with Blue Ridge Power after graduation.
- The following seniors from CFHS participated in the NC Governors’ School program during their high school years:
- Ella Brittain - Natural Science
- Landon Knox - Natural Science
- Haven Lucas - Choral Music
- Kevin Munoz - Instrumental Music
Cape Fear High School Athletics
The CFHS athletics students have received a combined amount in athletic scholarships for approximately $260,071 per year, to play basketball, football, softball or men’s lacrosse at the following universities: Fayetteville State, Johnson and Wales, Methodist, Randolph Macon College, Davidson College, Newberry College and Pfeiffer University.