Frequently Asked Questions

    • What are the requirements?

      Parent and child must be a permanent resident of Cumberland County at the time of registration.  Fort Liberty residents do not qualify.  Only the parent or guardian may register the child.  Children must be four years old on or before August 31st of the school year.  

    • How do I register my child?

      Parents/Guardians must navigate to to complete the application.  The registration process includes demographic information for the child and documents to be uploaded into the system.  

      Required Documents:

      1) Certified Birth Certificate

      2) Current Utility Bill (water, gas, or electric) or current lease agreement if utilities are paid as part of the lease.  If the billholder is not in the parent's/guardian's name, an Affidavit of Residency is also required.

      3) Immunization Record

      4) Parent/Guardian Photo ID

      5) Proof of Income

      6) Military Orders (if applicable)

      7) Guardianship Paperwork (if applicable)

      8) IEP and/or medical diagnostic paperwork (if applicable)

    • Where can I find curriculum resources?

      NC Foundations of Early Learning and Development

      Creative Curriculum for Preschoolers

      TS Gold


      NCDPI Office of Early Learning