High School State Assessments and Links
EOC (End of Course Tests)
- Tests are given the last 5 days of the semester.
- Tests are given for English II, Math 1, Math 3, and Biology.
- Students enrolled in these classes for credit must take the appropriate EOC at the conclusion of the course.
- English and Math Tests are aligned with the North Carolina Standard Course of Study. Biology is aligned to the North Carolina Essential Standards for Science.
- English II contains multiple choice and constructed response items.
- Math 1 includes both calculator active and inactive sections. It is also comprised of both multiple choice and technology-enhanced items.
- Math 3 is entirely calculator active and is comprised of multiple choice and technology-enhanced items.
- Biology includes multiple choice and technology-enhanced items.
- Results from the EOC are required to be used as 20% of the final course grade.
- Administered annually to all eligible 10th graders
- Simulates the ACT in a shorter test form offering testing in English, reading, math, and science
- Predicts future success on the ACT
- Identifies particular strengths and weaknesses for discussions on academic supports, curriculum gaps, and/or advanced placement
- Administered annually to all students enrolled in 11th grade in the Spring
- Evaluates college and career readiness in English, reading, math, and science
- Utilized for college admissions, placements, and scholarships
- Path to increase access to postsecondary and workforce opportunities
- Required for all eligible Career and Technical Education (CTE) Concentrators
- Assessments include Applied Math, Graphic Literacy, and Workplace Documents
- Applied Math Test measures critical thinking, mathematical reasoning and problem solving techniques for the workplace
- Graphic Literacy measures skills needed to locate, synthesize, and utilize information from workplace graphics
- Workplace Documents measures the skills people use to read workplace documents and utilize that information to make job related decisions and solve problems.
- Nationally recognized certificate provides employers with information on skill levels of potential employees.