Virtual Biomedical Science Camp for High School Students
Virtual Biomedical Science Summer Camp for rising 9-11 graders. This session will run from June 13-18, 2021, on Sunday from 3-5 p.m. and Monday - Friday from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Campers will learn about the dynamics of eukaryotic and prokaryotic cells and viruses. They will perform hands-on experiments, applying Scientific Method to test factors such as temperature, pH and disinfectants on the growth of bacteria commonly found on surfaces in the home and body. Experiments are safe, however, monitoring of home lab activities is strongly recommended.
$200 by June 7, 2021
$250 June 8-13, 2021
- Receive lab materials needed to complete hands-on, laboratory experiments for the week
- Enhance their critical thinking skills in math, science and technology
- Learn how to apply the Scientific Inquiry in lab
- Increase their understanding about bacteria and viruses
- Improve their test-taking skills
- Be eligible for top three camp performance awards
- Receive a certification of program completion
For more information, you can call 910-672-1081 or applications can be requested at email@example.com.
*Non-school materials from agencies and organizations are neither endorsed nor necessarily reflective of the views of the school board or the school system.