Student Assignment Forms

Contact Us

  • Student Assignment Department
    2465 Gillespie Street
    Fayetteville, NC 28306
    Phone: 910-678-2616

    Dr. Melody Chalmers McClain
    Associate Superintendent, Student Support Services

    Saundra McNeill
    Student Assignment Manager

  • Affidavit for Residency

    Current proof of residency to attend any public school in the Cumberland County Schools system is required. This Affidavit of Residency form is a sworn statement that a person or family resides at an address in Cumberland County, North Carolina. The affidavit is completed by the landlord or the person whose name appears on the lease, mortgage, and/or utilities at that address. This form should also be notarized by a Notary and subsequently submitted to the data manager of the school in which the student/students are attempting to enroll.”

    Comments (-1)
  • 2024-2025 Employee/Student Assignment Application


    This assignment request form is for Cumberland County School Employees ONLY.

    Cumberland County Schools employees may use this form to request that their child or children be assigned to a school that is located within the school district in which they work.

    CCS Employees must submit a completed Employee/Student Assignment application for each child to the Student Assignment Office beginning May 1, 2024, through June 3, 2024, or within two weeks of employment after June 3, 2024.

    An Application for Voluntary Transfer must be submitted to request a transfer if the Employee/Student Assignment form is submitted after the June 3, 2024, deadline or beyond two weeks of employment.

    • If the employee resides outside Cumberland County, you must submit an approved student release form from your county of residence via email to in order for your application to be processed.


    2024-2025 Employee/Student Application





    The Voluntary Transfer application will open July 8, 2024. 
    The application for Voluntary Transfer is a formal request to transfer a CCS student from the home district school to a different school district within the CCS system. Responses to transfer requests will be sent via email to the address indicated on the application. All requests will be processed and notified within 15 business days from the submission date.  


    Thank you for your interest in Cumberland County Schools. 

    Please complete and submit this form ONLY if you are assigned a year-round school that is serving your address and you want your child assigned to the traditional school that is also serving your address.  This form is only valid for the 2024-2025 school year.  

    Your child will be assigned to the year-round school serving your address for the 2024-2025 school year unless you submit this form.

    2024-2025 Opt-Out of Year-Round


    Note: If you wish for your child to remain at the assigned year-round school, the assignment is for the full academic year. Students can change their assignments during the school year only if they move out of the current attendance area.


    The Cumberland County Schools Student Release form grants permission for release from the Cumberland County School system to attend another North Carolina public school system. Once this form is submitted to the Student Assignment Office, it will be placed on the CCS Board of Education Agenda to be reviewed by the CCS Board of Education. A notification letter will be sent to you and the NC public school system for which the release is requested.

    This form must be completed and submitted for review annually if you wish for your child to continue enrollment/attendance in another NC public school system while residing in Cumberland County.

    2024-2025 CCS Student County Release




    The 2024-2025 Choice Exit Application request window has closed. 

    All requests completed on or before May 31, 2024, will be processed and the schools will be notified of the status.  If you have submitted an exit application, please contact your assigned school regarding steps to complete the enrollment process. This application is not required if transferring out-of-county, out-of-state, or out of the public school system.

    Thank you for your interest in Cumberland County Schools.