Arts Education Curriculum - Middle School
The intent of the Arts Education Essential Standards is that a comprehensive understanding of one or more of the arts be accomplished by each student throughout the K-12 program. Students should know and be able to do the following by the time they have completed secondary school:
- Communicate at a basic level in the four arts disciplines: dance, music, theatre arts, and visual arts.
- Communicate proficiently in at least one art form
- Develop and present basic analyses of works of art from structural, historical, and cultural perspectives
- Recognize and appreciate exemplary works of art from a variety of cultures and historical periods
- Relate various arts concepts, skills, and processes within and across disciplines
Each grade level and high school proficiency level includes Essential Standards and Clarifying Objectives, which are organized by Strands. Please click on the links below to access the desired Arts Education curriculum documents.
Visual Arts Curriculum Documents
Music Curriculum Documents
Dance Curriculum Documents
Theater Arts Curriculum Documents
2465 Gillespie Street
Fayetteville, NC 28303
Dr. Jane Fields