Free and Reduced Lunch Application Information

Child going through lunch line

Get Connected

Contact Us

  • Child Nutrition Services
    810 Gillespie Street
    Fayetteville, NC 28306
    Phone: 910-678-2502
    Fax: 910-678-2542

    Beth Maynard
    Executive Director

  • There are 2 options available for filling out a 2022 -2023 Free and Reduced-Priced Meal Application.

    Option 1:
    Applications can now be filled out online. To fill out the form visit and click on the “Apply Now” button on the left-hand side of the page.


    Option 2:
    Fill out a paper application.  The completed form must be returned to your child’s school cafeteria or mailed to Cumberland County Schools, Child Nutrition Services, 810 Gillespie St., Fayetteville, NC 28306.

    • Only one application per family is required but all students and household members should be listed on the application.

    • A new application must be completed each year, and families may complete an application at any time during the school year. Students who were approved for benefits last year must complete a new application at the beginning of the new school year. Students may eat on last year’s status for either thirty (30) days or until a new application is processed whichever occurs first. Those students who do not have an approved meal application on file will need to pay for meals at the end of the grace period.

    • If you received a letter that your child is directly certified to receive meals, you do not need to complete an application for meal benefits. However, if your letter does not include the names of all students in the household, please call 910-678-2595 to let us know. 

    • Students attending CEP schools do not have to submit an application.  To view a list of the 2022-2023 CEP Schools, click here.

    • An application can be completed anytime during the school year if you feel that your family may qualify. If there is any change in income, job loss, additional household members added, etc., please check to see if your family qualifies for benefits. Parents are responsible for payment for any meal until the application is approved.


    Frequently Asked Questions for Free and Reduced Price School Meals

  • In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

    Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

    To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

       1.  mail:
            U.S. Department of Agriculture
            Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
            1400 Independence Avenue, SW
            Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

      2.  fax:
           (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or

      3.  email:


    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.