Community Eligibility Information for Parents



    Cumberland County Schools (CCS) Child Nutrition Services is excited to announce The Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) is being offered in sixty-two of our schools for the 2022-2023 school year. The provision enables each student enrolled in the participating schools to receive a breakfast and lunch at no charge on days when school is in session. Students enrolled at participating CEP schools are not required to submit a lunch application to receive meals at no charge.

    Schools participating in CEP for the 2022-2023 school year are:

Get Connected

  • Elementary Schools:

    Alderman Road, Armstrong, Ashley, Loyd Auman, Ed Baldwin, Beaver Dam, Brentwood, W.T. Brown, Elizabeth Cashwell, Cliffdale, College Lakes, C. Wayne Collier, J.W. Coon, Cumberland Mills, Cumberland Road, District 7, Alma Easom, Ferguson-Easley, Gallberry Farm, Glendale Acres, Gray's Creek, Howard Hall, Bill Hefner, Lake Rim, Long Hill, Manchester, Ben Martin, Mary McArthur, E.E. Miller, Montclair, Morganton Road, New Century, W.H. Owen, Ponderosa, Raleigh Road, Rockfish, J.W. Seabrook, Sherwood Park, Lucile Souders, Stedman Elementary, Stedman Primary, Sunnyside, Vanstory, Walker-Spivey, Warrenwood, Westarea, Margaret Willis

  • Middle Schools:

    Max Abbott, Douglas Bryd, Anne Chesnutt, Hope Mills, Howard Learning Academy, Luther Nick Jeralds, Lewis Chapel, South View, Spring Lake, Westover

  • High Schools:

    Douglas Byrd, Ramsey Street, E.E. Smith, Westover, A.B. Wilkins

  • Frequently Asked CEP Questions

    What does CEP mean for lunch applications?

    Schools that are participating in CEP will not distribute lunch applications to their students for the 2020-2021 school year. However, traditional and year-round schools that are not participating in CEP will continue to distribute lunch applications to students to be completed and returned to respective school cafeteria managers and then processed at the Child Nutrition main office to determine a student’s meal status.

     What if one sibling is attending a CEP school and the other is not?

    The student that is not attending the CEP school will need to submit a lunch application to apply for benefits. All students attending CCS, including those attending a CEP school, need to be listed on the lunch application. Please refer to the application example as to how to complete the lunch form. Please contact the Child Nutrition office at (910) 678-2595 for questions as to why one sibling may be receiving a meal at no charge and the other does not.

     What if a student is attending a CEP school, but is transferring to a non-CEP school?

    Although the student received meals at no charge at the CEP school that does not mean the student will receive the same benefits if they transfer to a non-CEP school. If a student transfers from a CEP to a non-CEP school within the same county and the student is not otherwise eligible for meals at no charge (e.g., SNAP direct certification, homeless, migrant), an application must be submitted to the cafeteria manager or the CNS office, upon enrollment in the non-CEP school. Completed applications will be processed within 10 days after received by the CNS office. 

    What if I do not see my student's school listed above in the table for CEP Schools?

    If you do not see a school listed above, then it is a non-CEP school. For a complete listing of non-CEP schools, click here.

    At a CEP site, may a student be charged for an incomplete meal if the student refuses to select the components required for a complete meal?

    Yes. This is the same policy at non-CEP schools. A student could select an incomplete meal. However, because the incomplete meals may not be claimed for Federal reimbursement, the student would be charged a la carte prices for the foods selected on their tray.

     Can students at a CEP school purchase additional food items?

    Yes. Students can purchase approved additional food items approved for a la carte sales. If you have any questions, please contact the Child Nutrition Office at (910) 678-2502.

  • In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

    Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

    To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

       1.  mail:
            U.S. Department of Agriculture
            Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
            1400 Independence Avenue, SW
            Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

      2.  fax:
           (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or

      3.  email:


    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.