The Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) provides funding to state educational agencies to meet the academic needs of eligible students residing with the state. Cumberland County Schools is a sub-recipient of grants funded through ESEA. Title I and Title IV funds through ESEA are managed through the Office of Federal Programs.
The Office of Federal Programs primary responsibilities are to:
- Serve as liaison between the district, the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction, and the United States Department of Education,
- Assist the district and schools with interpreting and carrying forth provisions of federal regulations,
- Monitor procedures utilized in conducting annual needs assessments and planning and implementing programs designed for school improvement,
- Provide assistance in developing and implementing the district's federal programs to include Title I, IV, VII, and Army Youth Program in Your Neighborhood,
- Provide guidance in fiscal management