Career and Technical Education
Every student will have equitable access to engaging learning that prepares them to be competitive, collaborative, and successful in our global world. CCS Career and Technical Education empowers all students to be successful citizens, workers, and leaders in a global economy.
- 71% of CTE Participants will meet proficiency using the state assessment measure in the reporting year.
- Reinforce English II, Math I, and Biology I standards through CTE instruction to increase ELA, science, and mathematics outcomes in our academic attainment measures.
- Increase the number of CTE Concentrators graduating with a silver level or higher Career Readiness Certificate and other industry-recognized credentials. Twenty percent (20%) of CTE Concentrators graduating from high school will attain a recognized postsecondary credential.
- Allow equitable opportunities for CTE students to have engaging, personalized learning experiences through work-based learning (WBL) activities and Career and Technical Student Organizations.
- Provide innovative professional development and individual support for CTE teachers that are aligned to curriculum standards, instructional best practices, and technological integration.
Westover's Academy of Health Sciences hosted Dr. Antonio Webb, MD, an Orthopedic Spine Surgeon, Author ('Overcoming The Odds'), and motivational speaker from San Antonio, Texas. He presented a bit of his background and story and showed students a pre-release of his documentary based on his book, 'Overcoming The Odds'.
Harbor Freight Tools for Schools developed a program for the prize-winning teachers called the Strong Start Tool Kit Project.